YOUTH & CHILDREN'S CHOIRS
YOUTH & CHILDREN'S CHOIR MINISTRY offers choirs for children ages Kindergarten through 8th grade. All ages are welcome to rehearsals on Wednesdays throughout the school season. Youth and children may join at any time.
St. Cecilia Choir: Kindergarten - 2nd Grade (singing and percussion)
Trinity Choir: 3rd Grade – 8th Grade (singing and handbells)
The St. Cecilia Choir is forming for Kindergarten to Second Grade children and is led by Ms. Judy Guard, a member of St. Benedict’s. The purpose of the St. Cecilia’s Choir will be:
• To fill a void in a musical offering now for children in this age group.
• To encounter the wonder and love of God in the richness of sacred music.
• To learn to serve God and praise Him with music.
• To develop friendships in their peer group at St. Benedict’s.
• To prepare them for joining the Trinity Choir when they reach third grade.
St. Cecilia Choir rehearses on the Upper Parking Lot on Wednesday afternoons. In the event of rain we will meet in the Nave, wear masks and work on rhythm instruments. During their choir rehearsals the children will learn songs that are liturgy based and planned to go along with the seasons of the church year. We will sing (using motions to help us remember the words), play musical games and learn that praising God by singing in church is an important ministry. The St. Cecilia will sing in church at scheduled times during the year. In participating and having the experience of singing in the St. Cecelia’s choir, members will be prepared to move easily into the next level of singing at St. Benedict’s with the Trinity Choir.